About Me

I am a yellow female lab that was donated to the Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc. I hope to one day become a seeing eye dog to give freedom to someone who cannot see.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blessing of the Guide Dogs

Today I got to go to church where there were other guide dogs and blind people and even seeing people.  It was fun and I wanted to play with all of them.  My raiser kept telling me "No noise" in my ear but I just wanted to talk to them.  I even tried to sing along with them.

They had a special ceremony for all the guide dogs, even those of us in training.  My sisters, Hedy and Judy, were there with me and we all were blessed for the jobs that we will one day perform.  We got a special red heart to wear to remind us that we are truly blessed to be able to help others.

I was given a very special gift while I was there.  A little girl named Arianna, colored a picture of a dog that looked just like me.  The little girl and parents didn't see it but it made my raiser's eyes tear up cause it touch her heart.  Thank you for such a special gift.

3 comments: