About Me

I am a yellow female lab that was donated to the Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc. I hope to one day become a seeing eye dog to give freedom to someone who cannot see.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Today is the day

"By Beth"

Today is the day that Waffles arrives.  We are so excited.  I finally got everything ready for the new puppy.  I've gotten everything picked  up so that the puppy won't chew anything, bowls have been bought and the crate has been cleaned out.  Now we just need a puppy to put in it.

I practiced brushing Max's teeth this weekend so that I could get used to that as well as the puppy.  OOOOO Max actually loved it.  I guess the beef flavored toothpaste doesn't hurt but he wanted more of it.  He liked it so much that he even let me brush his teeth.  I also bought him a standing bowls so he can now stand when he eats.  It was getting to the point that his arthritis wouldn't allow him to bend down to eat so he was laying when he ate.  Not good for his digestion so now he can eat like a real dog.  Plus I think this will help keep Waffles out of his food, but I doubt it.

I hope everyone had a pleasant Halloween and didn't eat too much candy.

4 comments:

  1. Yea for your new arrival! I hope you post pictures of Waffles soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can’t wait to meet Waffles!!! I have never met a puppy who loved his teeth being brushed as much as Joe. He tries to lick the toothpaste out of Ely’s month. Ely does not enjoy the assistances so Joe gets to work on his sit stay:) I know you are excited about your new little girl!!! I remember when we brought back her mom as a puppy, she was so little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the pictures! Hopefully you will be at the Nov 13th meeting... so I can meet her :)
    Rudy sends furry sweet kisses to you!

    Rudy's Raiser

    ReplyDelete
  4. YippE..Waffle cone is on the way
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete