About Me

I am a yellow female lab that was donated to the Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc. I hope to one day become a seeing eye dog to give freedom to someone who cannot see.

Monday, November 8, 2010

My First Outting

Yesterday my raiser took me to this really big store.  They had all kinds of things from doggie food (and treats) to clothes and even Christmas stuff.  The trees looked yummy but my raiser wouldn't let me chew on them.

There were isles after isles of row of food.  It all smelled sooo good and I wanted to sniff and taste it all but my raiser made me sit and stay.  There were lots and lots of people too.  Some of the isles were really scary with all the metal things and lots of people pushing them.  My raiser could tell I was scared and didn't force me to go down those isles until I was ready or we skipped it and went back when there weren't so many metal things in there.

The floors were fun though.  Not like in my raisers house.  Although I'm still learning to walk and slide on the hard wood floors and tiling this was totally different.  Much shiner and even more slick.  It was also much cooler too.

I even got to see a guy in a wheelchair that had a big doggie like me.  The big doggie had a leaf on his nose and didn't even seem to notice. Boy I bet that took restraint.  I would have wanted to play with it.  I wonder if some day I will get to help people like that.

Before we got out of the store though, I was very tired.  My raiser ended up picking me up and carrying me.  My raiser told me how proud she was of me.  She said that I had excellent manners and did very well in the store.  I hope I get to go back again.

Wags and Wiggles
Waffles

P.S.  My raiser is having difficulty responding to comments.  We didn't actually get to stop and talk to the gentleman to find out where his fur friend was from but she did want to show me.

2 comments:

  1. What a big day fur woo!

    I'm sure woo will get to go bakhk many many times!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you know what organization the service dog was with?

    ReplyDelete